Skip to main content

Permit Help

Find answers to your frequently asked questions about purchasing a hunt, fish or state park permit through our online permit site.

Anyone who has purchased a hunt, fish or parks permit online since 2016 should have an account and purchase history in the online permit system. Those who have not made a purchase online, or those who are new customers, will need to create an account in the new system.

Some transactions including park entry permits purchases, Nebraskaland Magazine subscriptions and donations may be made as a guest user and do not require an account.

Anyone who has not purchased a permit (park entry and lifetime permits not included) since 2016 may need to create a profile.

Permits that require a profile include:
  • Fishing permits (all)
  • Hunting permits (all)
  • Lifetime and combo permits
  • Senior and veteran permits
  • Super Tag combo/Lottery permits
  • Habitat, waterfowl and federal duck stamps

Permits that do NOT require a profile include:
  • Park entry permits
  • Nebraskaland Magazine subscriptions
  • Non-resident boat Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) stamps

  1. Select the Look Up Account button and enter the requested information to locate your profile.
  2. Select the ID Type you’d like to use to search for your account.
  3. Fill out the requested information.
  4. Click Submit.
    • Note: If you cannot find your account, try another version of your first name, such as Bob and Robert.

You can still purchase permits in person at any of our vendor locations without an email address being required. Big Game permits may be purchased at any Commission office.

The NGPC ID number will be needed to add “Friends and Family” or add family members to land in the new system.

  1. Select Create Account.
  2. Enter the system user details.
  3. Enter a username and password, and confirm the password.
  4. When all information has been entered, click Create.

All users must login to the new system using their username and password. Usernames are not case sensitive, but passwords are. Upon successful login, your personal home page will display.

To login to the new permit system:

  1. Connect to the new NGPC Permitting System website.
  2. Click Recreational User.
  3. Click Account Login.
  4. Enter your Username and Password.
  5. Click Login.

If you are having trouble logging in, the system will show an error message. Use the Forgot Password or Forgot Username links if you have already created an account. After three failed login attempts, users will be locked out. If you are locked out, contact Game and Parks at 402-471-0641 for assistance.

To use the online permitting system, a unique email address is required. If you share an email address with your spouse for the permit account, you will need to create a new email address for each individual who requires an account. Account owners in the new permitting system should be 16 or older.

You can still purchase permits in person at any of our vendor locations. Big Game permits may be purchased at any Commission office.

If information is missing or you need to change your address, residency or identifying characteristics, login to your existing profile and make changes by editing “Your Profile.”

You cannot edit your name, date of birth or last 4 of your social security number. If there is an error on any of these fields, call our office at 402-471-0641.

My name has changed. How do I change my name on my profile?

Please mail or email a copy of a marriage certificate, divorce decree or other legal document, showing your full name before and after it has been changed.

Email or Mail to: NGPC, Attn: Permits, PO Box 30370, Lincoln NE 68503

When sending, please include a note stating that you want your name changed from _______to ________. Include your date of birth so we can access your profile.

You will be issued a NGPC ID in the new permit system. It is a unique number used to identify your account.

To locate your number, login to your profile. The number is in the upper left corner of the permit site next to your name. You also can find it printed on 2023 permits next to your name.

This number will be needed to add “Friends and Family” to your profile or add family members to your Landowner profile in the new system.

Yes; you can buy one by adding them to your “Friends and Family” list using their NGPC ID number.

How do I find someone else’s NGPC ID number?

You must request the NGPC ID number from the person you’d like to add. They can find their ID number by logging into their account or by looking on their already-issued 2023 permit.

If I bought a permit for someone else and need to print it, where do I find it?

Under “View and Print Active Privileges” in your user profile, find the permit and click “FREE 24-Hour reprint” or “Reprint permit” button.

Does the system automatically mail the permit to the recipient?

Annual and Duplicate Park Entry permits bought online will be mailed to the person you are purchasing for or to yourself. The address can be added at the time of purchase. Hunt, Fish and Big Game permits can only be mailed to a separate individual if you email us at or call us at 402-471-0641.

A hard card is a collectible credit card sized card that contains the active privileges (excluding turkey and big game permits) you have at the time of purchase. They can be purchased each year and the card designs will change.

Contact us at (888) 531-1198.

You can get a copy of your permit online by logging into the permit system and selecting “Active Privileges.” Your active permits will be shown. There is a permit replacement fee of $8 to print your Big Game permit after 24 hours.

If you would like to change your current email address, select “Your Profile” on the left side of the your account’s home screen. Select edit “Account Information” and change your saved email address.

The following requirements must be met to qualify as a Nebraska resident:

  • Any individual who has lived in Nebraska continuously for 30 days before applying for a permit who intends to become a Nebraska resident. They must be prepared to provide documentation of residency (driver’s license, voter registration card, etc.) to an officer when in possession of a resident permit.
  • Residents in school in another state or stationed outside Nebraska as part of a military assignment that have maintained Nebraska as their state of legal residency.
  • Active-duty military personnel and full-time students stationed or attending school in Nebraska for a period of at least 30 days.

The email address you are using may be on other customer accounts when they were migrated from our previous system.

An email address can only be used once in the system. Email addresses are used to recover forgotten passwords and usernames and therefore need to be unique.

For more information about permits offered to Nebraska resident veterans, visit our Veterans and Military Permits page.

If you do not have a SSN or US address, enter INTL in the Last 4 digits of SSN field when creating your profile.

Purchasing & printing permits

No, use the Guest Checkout feature.

We accept Visa, Discover and MasterCard debit and credit cards. Please contact the Permits staff at 402-471-0641 if you are experiencing problems with your purchase.

If the temporary permit and receipt are not displayed after the transaction, please call Game and Parks to verify and confirm the sale.

If you have an email address in your account but did not receive an email confirming your online purchase, please contact Game and Parks.

The new system only shows you permits that meet your residency and age requirements set in your profile. To view the price of all available permits, including resident and non-resident ones, click “Or View Available Products” on the home screen, then choose Resident or Non-Resident to view all permits and their prices.

Even if the credit card number is correct and a customer has enough money in the account, the credit card processor may sometimes decline a transaction request due to fraud protection, for example. It may also be due to network traffic problems between the card processor and the card issuer.

If you experience issues with your credit card getting declined, check to see if all of your input information is correct and then try again.

If you get the message saying your card is expired and it is not, check your system’s clock and adjust it if it is not correct. If the situation is due to network traffic problem, try again at a later time. Otherwise, report the problem to your credit card issuer.

At the time of purchase, you can print a temporary permit to use until your park entry permit sticker arrives in the mail.

If you haven’t received your park entry permits within 20 days of purchase, contact our office at 402-471-0641.

Remove all or more than half of the permit and take to one of our Commission offices or park locations for a replacement.

You may need access to a printer, either of your own or through a public location, such as a public library.Some permits must be printed and carried on your person while hunting. They include:Big Game Permits (deer, elk, antelope)Temporary Permits

Others permits can be printed or accessed on our mobile permits system. They include:
  • Fishing PermitsSmall Game PermitsFurbearer PermitsTurkey Permits (Must cancel online after a turkey is harvested. Screen shots not permitted.
  • Screen shot photographs of fishing, small game and furbearer mobile permits or displaying them via the mobile permit site are both acceptable when Law Enforcement asks for them. Screen shots are not permitted for turkey permits.

    To print your PDF permit at its proper size, use Adobe Reader and alter printer settings as needed to print it correctly.

    Troubleshooting tips

    If you cannot print or get a blank page:

    • Open the PDF
    • Select Print
    • Verify the correct printer is selected
    • Select Advanced
    • Select Print as Image
    • Print the permit

    For oversized or undersized printing:

    • Open the PDF
    • Select Print
    • Verify the correct printer is selected
    • Check Fit or custom size to resize the image
    • Print the permit

    When you purchase a Big Game permit, you are given 24 hours to print it. During that time, a 24-hour free reprint button is displayed next to the permit name in “My Profile.” If you have not printed your Big Game permit, please call our office at 402-471-0641 during business hours.

    Big Game, Landowner & Draw Permits

    Land entries from our old system were not migrated so we could start with fresh and with accurate information.

    To add land to your account, you will need your parcel Id numbers or you can use the map lookup feature to locate the property you own or lease.

    If you are not able to locate your land parcels call our office during normal business hours at 402-471-0641.

    Log in to your account and select apply for a draw.

    Yes; to view how many big game permits are available for purchase, click on “Recreational Users” on the permit site homepage, then click the “View Remaining Big Game Permits” button. Select the year you are interested in viewing. Species that will show here include: Turkey, deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep.

    Hunter education and youth permits

    • Hunters ages 12-29 must carry proof of successful completion of a state approved firearm hunter education course while hunting with a firearm or air gun.
    • Hunters ages 12-29 must carry proof of successful completion of a state approved bow hunter education course while hunting deer, antelope, elk or bighorn sheep with bow and arrow or crossbow.
    • Hunters ages 12-29 who have not completed firearm and/or bow hunter education may obtain an Apprentice Hunter Education Exemption Certificate which will allow the individual to hunt with some restrictions.

    Firearm and Bow Hunter Education classes are offered year-round and interested individuals are encouraged to enroll in classes as early as possible. Summer and fall classes fill up rapidly and there may not be available spaces for late season classes.

    Individuals who have successfully completed hunter education training in other states need only show their out-of-state hunter education certificate.  Please note that an out-of-state permit is not the same as a hunter education certificate.

    1. On a computer, tablet or mobile phone, go to
    2. Click the “Recreational User” button.
    3. Click the “Lookup Account” button.
    4. Select an “ID Type” from the drop-down menu and click “Submit.”
    5. Enter the information requested for the selected ID Type and click “Submit.”
    6. Click “Hunter Education and Certifications.”
    7. Click “Print” to download, save and print your permanent certificate(s).

    Still can’t locate your certificate?

    If you recently completed an in-person Hunt Safe Session, Firearm Hunter Education, Bowhunter Education, or Combination Firearm/Bowhunter Education course in Nebraska, please wait up to 5 days from the last class date for the instructors to enter the results and check your Nebraska Game and Parks permit account again to access your permanent certificate.

    • If you recently completed the Nebraska Online Firearm and Bowhunter Combination course or Online Course for Bowhunter Education, wait 24-48 hours and check your Nebraska Game and Parks permit account again to access your permanent certificate.
    • If you completed the Hunter Education course in another state, you will have to contact that state’s fish and wildlife agency for your permanent certificate.
    • If none of the above scenarios apply, please contact us by phone at 402-471-0641 or fill out our Contact Us form.

    It is possible you have created a new account and it will need to be merged with your existing account.

    If you just completed a class, it can take up to 48 hours for your number to generate on your account.


    Resident youth under the age of 16 do not need a fishing permit. Nonresident youth under the age of 16, when accompanied by a licensed fishing permit holder, do not require a fishing permit.


    Resident youth under the age of 16 do not need a valid hunt permit. However, youth hunters between the ages of 12 and 16, must complete a Hunter Education course. Big game – Youth permits for deer and turkey for both residents and non-residents ages 16 and younger are only $8.

    Nonresident youth, regardless of age, must have a valid hunting permit and habitat stamp. Big game – Youth permits for deer and turkey for both residents and non-residents ages 16 and younger are only $8.

    Contact us

    Reach our permit division staff directly using the phone number or email at right.

    Hunting Permits

    Purchase hunting, big game and turkey permits, as well as supertags and combo lotteries.

    Fishing Permits

    Purchase stamps, resident and non-resident fishing permits here.