The Nebraska Telecheck Program allows hunters to check in their turkey, deer or antelope harvest online or by telephone.
Online Telecheck allows hunters to enter their required harvest information 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They also may report their turkey, deer, antelope or elk harvest by calling 844-279-4564 during business hours, seven days a week.
When to use Telecheck
- Deer: All deer harvested outside the November firearm season must be checked via Telecheck. Manual check stations will only be available for the November firearm season.
- Antelope, elk and turkeys: All antelope, elk and turkeys harvests must be reported using Telecheck.
When to use check stations
Deer harvested during the November firearm deer season and antelope harvested during the October firearm season must be taken to a check station. Names and locations of manual check stations are listed on our interactive check station map.
Antelope, deer, turkey and elk must be checked before leaving Nebraska. Information required to successfully check these species are as follows:
- Permit number
- County of kill
- Public area name (if killed on public land)
- Management unit
- Date of kill
- Days hunted
- Weapon type
- Sex (male or female)
- Age (adult or fawn)
Hunters also must record antler or horn measurements:
- Deer: More or less than 11 inches (measure between main beams)
- Antelope: More or less than 9.5 inches (measure from base around the outside curve to tip)
- Elk: Main beam length from the base of the antler to the tip of the main beam
Hunters who have difficulty completing the online registration process may call their local Game and Parks district office or service center between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. during the season: Lincoln, Wildlife Division office, 402-471-9932; Alliance district office, 308-763-2940; Kearney service center, 308-865-5310; Norfolk district office, 402-370-3374; Bassett service center, 402-684-2921; or North Platte district office, 308-535-8025.
To report online, click the link below and select the “Report Your Harvest – Big Game Check-In” from the log-in screen. Hunters also may log in to their permit profile, click “Game Check Reporting” from the list on the left side of their profile, and then click “Add a Game Check.”
*Note: Currently, only turkey permits are allowed for E-tagging.
Hunters may choose to fill out their turkey permit information online and then print their permits to carry with them in the field. Once a turkey has been harvested, they must cancel their turkey permit via online Telecheck or by calling the Telecheck hotline at 844-279-4564.
Purchase hunting, big game and turkey permits, as well as supertags and combo lotteries.