The Nebraska Game & Parks Commission appreciates your patience as we work to recover from this historic weather event that has impacted parks in many regions of the state.
Individuals with advance reservations at areas impacted will be notified if the status of their reservation is affected as soon as we are able to complete assessments of the parks and services.
Weather closures are up to date as of July 19, 2019. Please check this page for updates on the status of park areas.
The following park areas remain partially open, but specific campgrounds or other areas are closed due to flooding. Please call 402-471-0641 for further details.
- Medicine Creek SRA: the lower loop of Shady Bay Campground (sites 48-62) is temporarily closed.
- Indian Cave State Park: cave road and boat ramp remain closed until further notice
- Louisville: River View area, riverfront trails, and boat ramp/canoe launch areas remain closed until further notice.
- Cowboy Trail
- Two Rivers SRA
- Sandy Channel: South half of the area is closed until further notice.
The following parks are open to the public, but are accessible by an alternate route. Please call 402-471-0641 for details.
- Merritt Reservior SRA (only accessible by HWY 97 from Valentine)
- Niobrara SP (park services are currently limited due to staffing)
- Stagecoach SRA
The following park areas are closed until further notice.
- Pelican Point SRA
- Cottonwood Lake SRA
- Dead Timber SRA
- Lied Bridge
(closed for the season)
- Riverview Marina SRA
The following areas have accessibility issues as a result of recent flooding. This may mean portions of the area are underwater or the roadways leading to the area are impassible. Those who wish to visit any of the below WMAs should use good judgement, check ahead or call the local district office for more details on areas within specific districts.
Northwest District WMAs closed/partially closed as of 7/19/19
- Big Alkali Lake WMA – No cabin or RV pad rentals available; concession store is closed; boat ramp now is open.
Northeast District WMAs closed/partially closed as of 7/19/19
- All Loup River WMAs east of Fullerton
- Bazile Creek (closed due to high water)
- Whitetail WMA
- Wood Duck and Black Island WMA (Black Island is accessible by walk-in only)
- Niobrara Confluence WMA
- Parshall Bridge WMA
- Spencer Dam WMA
Southeast District WMAs closed as of 7/19/19
- Randall W. Schilling WMA
- Gifford WMA
- Peru Bottoms WMA
- Langdon Bend WMA
- Aspinwall WMA
- Tobacco Island WMA
- Kansas Bend WMA
- Louisville Boat Ramp
Caution should be used when accessing any WMA in southeastern Nebraska because of potentially dangerous water conditions.
Southwest District WMAs closed as of 7/19/19
- Bufflehead WMA
- Hayes Center WMA
- Kea West WMA
Caution should be used when accessing any WMA’s in central and southwestern Nebraska due to potentially dangerous water conditions.