Special Occasion Permit

Special events, sports events, entertainments and the like, characterized as public spectator attractions or participant activities, are allowed at state park areas, provided written permission has been given by the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission. Examples include but are not limited to weddings, 5k runs/walks, fishing tournaments and corporate activities.

Application for Special Occasion Permit must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the scheduled event. Such permits shall be issued only after a finding that the issuance of such permit will not be inconsistent with the purposes for which the area is established and maintained and will not unreasonably interfere with use of the area by the general public.

Download the Special Occasion Permit Application

Commercial photography and videography also requires completion of the Special Occasion Production Amendment. Commercial production includes activities that involve models, sets and props for the purpose of promoting goods, services or brands. Amateur photography, Nature photography, family, wedding and senior photography, and recreational photography are not subject to these terms and do not need to request special occasion permits.

Download the Special Occasion Video Production Amendment

More information

Special occasions on wildlife management areas

Hosting a fishing tournament