The Nebraska Game & Parks Commission appreciates your patience as we work to recover from this historic weather event that has impacted parks in many regions of the state.
Individuals with advance reservations at areas impacted will be notified if the status of their reservation is affected as soon as we are able to complete assessments of the parks and services.
Weather closures are up to date as of December 16, 2019. Please check this page for updates on the status of park areas.
The following park areas remain partially open, but specific campgrounds or other areas are closed due to flooding. Please call 402-471-0641 for further details.
- Dead Timber SRA: Access available via County Road B off U.S. Hwy. 275. Portions of the SRA remain walk-in only, and no vehicle traffic is allowed beyond any barricades.
- Indian Cave State Park: The boat ramp is closed temporarily due to impacts from the rising Missouri River water flows in the area. The cave steps are temporarily closed due to heavy rainfall in the area. However, the cave may be viewed from the road.
- Louisville: River View area, riverfront trails, and boat ramp/canoe launch areas remain closed until further notice.
- Cowboy Trail: View Interactive Trail Map
- Two Rivers SRA: Cottonwood Campground is temporarily closed.
The following park areas will remain closed until further notice:
- Lied Bridge
- Riverview Marina SRA
The following areas have accessibility issues as a result of recent flooding. This may mean portions of the area are underwater or the roadways leading to the area are impassible. Those who wish to visit any of the below WMAs should use good judgement, check ahead or call the local district office for more details on areas within specific districts.
Northwest District WMAs closed/partially closed as of 12/16/19
- Big Alkali Lake WMA – No cabin or RV pad rentals available; concession store is closed; boat ramp now is open. Primitive camping available.
- Cottonwood/Steverson Lakes WMA
Northeast District WMAs closed/partially closed as of 12/16/19
- Loup Public Power District WMA- roads in poor condition
- Bazile Creek WMA- Boat ramp is closed; the rest of the area is open. Use caution due to high water.
- Goose Lake WMA-walk-in access only
- Black Island WMA – walk-in access only
- Niobrara Confluence WMA- walk-in access only
- Parshall Bridge WMA
- Spencer Dam WMA
Southeast District WMAs closed/partially closed as of 12/16/19
- Randall W. Schilling WMA- closed until further notice
- Peru Bottoms WMA – closed until further notice
- Peru Boat Ramp WMA- closed until further notice
- Tobacco Island WMA- closed until further notice
- Kansas Bend WMA- closed until further notice
Hunters can expect additional flooding on southeast Nebraska WMAs located along the Missouri River. Caution should be used when accessing any WMA in southeastern Nebraska due to washed out roads.
Southwest District WMAs closed as of 12/16/19
- Bufflehead WMA
- Kea West WMA