Fishing provides an opportunity to spend time together, away from the distractions and stress of everyday life. The Nebraska Game and Parks Commission is participating in the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation’s Vamos A Pescar program, which creates more opportunities for all people to fish. Through the program, grants are available to non-profit organizations in Nebraska for local efforts to educate and engage families in high-density Hispanic communities through programs, classes and fishing activities held in 2017.
Programs will be considered that introduce fishing and or boating to youths and families, provide hands-on fishing skills development, teach and reinforce water and safe boating, and provide hands-on conservation and aquatic stewardship activities.
- Interested organizations must contact Larry Pape at Nebraska Game and Parks by Oct. 5.
- The grant application can be downloaded below.
- Grant submissions are due by Oct. 31.
- Submissions are to be emailed to email@example.com.
- Grant awards will be announced between December 31, 2016 and January 4, 2017.
- For more information, contact Larry Pape at 402-471-5447.