The Nebraska Telecheck Program allows hunters to check deer or antelope by telephone at (844) 279-4564 or online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
When to use Telecheck
All deer harvested, including during the November firearm season, must checked via Telecheck.
Physical check stations are not operating in 2020 because of COVID-19 concerns.
• Deer harvested must be checked via Telecheck within 48 hours of kill, but no later than 1 p.m. on the day after the close of the season for which the permit was valid.
• Deer harvested must be checked in before leaving the state.
• Each permit holder is responsible for registering his or her own deer.
• The permit holder must record the seal number on the permit of any deer checked via Telecheck. That number and permit must be retained while transporting the deer
to a point of permanent storage or processing.
• Deer may be checked online or by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call the phone number on the permit or visit OutdoorNebraska.gov/telecheck/.
Hunters who have difficulty completing the online registration process may call their local Game and Parks district office or service center between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. during the season: Lincoln, Wildlife Division office, 402-471-9932; Alliance district office, 308-763-2940; Kearney service center, 308-865-5310; Norfolk district office, 402-370-3374; Bassett service center, 402-684-2921; or North Platte district office, 308-535-8025.